Saturday, 14 May 2016

Cherry's Introduction

Hello, Everyone,

I'm Cherry. I'm three-years-old, and stopped racing before I was even two because I had to have my toe amputated. I broke it twice, and it really hurt. My trainer realised that I wasn't very good at running anymore, so he gave me to the Retired Greyhound Trust, where my Mummy found me soon after.


I loved coming to live with them - nice food, lots of treats, a comfy sofa, and they even let me on their bed. Mummy says this is my forever home, and that she's so lucky to have found me, but I think I'm lucky too.


I met my cousin Arik last year. His daddy was my grandad, the famous double Derby champion, Westmead Hawk. Arik and I got on really well - he's so sweet and gentle and such a handsome chap - so he and his Mummy and Daddy came to stay last Sunday. Unfortunately, on their first evening, I hurt my foot. More about that in the next post.

I hope you enjoy reading about our adventures on this new blog.

Love and licks, Cherry x


No comments:

Post a Comment