Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Zoomies on the beach!

Dear Cherry

I did zoomies on my favourite beach today!  I zoomed, I swerved, I darted, I ran, I trotted, I sniffed, then I zoomed again!

I was chasing an empty crisp packet at one point, but then Mummy saw me pull up and lift my paw.   I was very brave.  I didn't do any GSOD, just stood still and waited for Mummy to come to me.  I tried to walk towards her but I had to limp.  I had cut my paw on a sharp stone.  We were at the far end of the beach with no-one else around to help.  Mummy put me back on my lead and walked me slowly to the sea where she washed my paw.  The water was chilly but very soothing so we walked slowly back in the shallows.

Once we'd got back to the car, Mummy washed my paw with water from one of the bottles she had with her.  She gave me a chicken foot and I jumped into the back of the car and sat down to eat it.

My paw is fine now.  Just a graze.  Mummy did say something like "You're getting as bad as Cherry" but I don't know what she meant by that.   Do you?

Love & Licks
Arik  xx

2 comments:

  1. Dear, Arik,
    I'm glad your paw is okay, you don't want to end up like me, not being able to walk for over a week. I only had a small walk today because it was raining, and my paw is still sore.
    Please be careful zooming around,
    Love, Cherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cherry
    I promise to be careful. I did stop as soon as I'd hurt myself. Mummy says I'm not as fast as I used to be and noticed I don't zoom for as long either. She says my racing days are catching up with me and as I'm going to be 7 in July, it's only natural I slow down a bit. I have trouble with my right shoulder and left hip these days so if I zoom too much they hurt and go all hop-a-kicky. Mummy has stopped me zooming to give me a Reiki massage before so I can at least get back to the car in relative comfort.
    We are supposed to have rain tomorrow so I don't think we'll be going far.
    Love Arik xx

    ReplyDelete