Saturday, 4 June 2016

Whatever Next?

Dear Arik,

Mummy says when you next visit can you ask auntie Sara to bring a large roll of bubble wrap because she needs it for me.

I'm not quite sure what she means, but it might have something to do with Mummy saying I'm the clumsiest, most accident prone doggie she's ever met.

We went shopping earlier - well Mummy did, Daddy and I waited outside at the seats on the pavement and watched the goings on - and when she'd finished, we went across the road to the pet shop. 

Mummy got me some fish skins and a pig's ear, and then we went to the butcher's. Mmmm I was beside myself with excitement at all the meat smells coming out of the shop. I couldn't stop my mouth from drooling.

Mummy came back out with a big marrow bone for me, which I desperately wanted. I jumped up at her and tried to say, 'Please can I have it right now?' but she hid it away in her bag.

Then some people stopped us and chatted for ages. They've got nine dogs - nine! - and one's a greyhound. I whined a bit because I was bored. They'd just bought me a tasty bone and were standing around chatting! 'Never mind that, let's get home so I can eat it,' I wanted to say. Humans can be a bit slow at times. I try my best to let them know what I want, but we just don't speak the same language.

Anyway, we finally arrived home and Mummy gave me my bone. I laid on my mat out on the patio eating it, it was so yummy. But then something hurt me, I think I bit my tongue and I squealed. I then bit off a really sharp piece of bone, and tried to eat it. Mummy jumped up immediately and came over to see what had happened and take the sharp piece away. I thought she was going to take my whole bone so I growled at her. I didn't mean to. Daddy went indoors and came back with the pig's ear, which he gave me, and took the bone away.

Mummy waited until I'd eaten the pig's ear, then looked in my mouth to see why I'd squealed, but she couldn't see anything. She cuddled me and said, 'What are you like? You even hurt yourself eating a bone.'

I don't think they'll buy me another one, I'll just have to settle for pigs' ears and my buffalo horn instead.

So I think Mummy wants the bubble wrap to cover me with so I can't hurt myself anymore. I know I'm a clumsy dog, but I can't help it. Maybe it's because I'm only young? Mummy said she hopes I'll grow out of it, Daddy said but she hasn't, she's still clumsy, so hmm, maybe I won't!

Have a nice weekend,

Love and licks, Cherry xxx

PS, here's me in a silly hat.


8 comments:

  1. I wish I lived nearer you Cherry. I have a massive great roll of bubble wrap which I could give to your lovely kind mummy who buys you such gorgeous things,
    And please do be careful when eating, I've bitten my tonge sometimes, and it does hurt. Lots of love. "Auntie" TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you auntie TJ. Mummy says if we're ever up your way in the motorhome, we'll stop in and see you xx

      Delete
    2. Oh Cherry, that would be WONDERFUL. The only bad bit would be that we would have to keep a very firm eye on you, because my cat doesn't like dogs very much :( But I'm sure we could sort something out. Auntie TJ

      Delete
  2. Dear Cherry,

    What I'm about to tell you is a bit embarrassing, but it might help you get over the loss of your bone.

    Mummy went to a local butcher and got me a tasty bone treat once. It was a lamb neck I think. It still had lots of meat on it and it was really tasty. I chewed off all the meat and crunched up the bone. Basically it was great going in, but I had real trouble with the remnants of it coming out the other end!

    My tummy had digested all the meat, no problem. But the bone was still bone and it bunged me up and made me constipated. When I did try to go, it hurt. It was so hard, and a bit sharp in places that I screamed when I needed to do my poo. Mummy was almost crying with me as there was nothing she could do to help me. I gave up trying to go to the loo for a while because it hurt so much. Mummy gave me a whole tin of sardines in oil and a large spoon of coconut oil when we got back inside. It helped, because the next time I tried to go to the loo, the bony poo came out, but it still hurt. When Mummy picked it up she said "Well you're not having any more bones, this feels as hard as a house brick!" I don't know what a house brick is, but I'm glad I don't have to pass one every time I go to the loo!

    So you see, as tasty as bones are, it's not always a good idea to have one.

    Love & Licks
    Arik xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, poor Arik. I am glad your Mummy won't let you have any more bones. Ouch. "Auntie" (I hope you will let me be your auntie too) TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Auntie TJ, happy to make your acquaintance! Love & Licks, Arik xx

      Delete
  4. Dear Arik,
    Oh dear, that sounds nasty. I have to admit I had a little giggle at first, but when I read that it hurt you, I felt very sorry for you.
    I've had marrow bones before and only ever ate the meat and marrow from them, but this was a bone that splintered, so it's a good job Mummy took it away really.
    Yes, I think we'll stick to our usual things and not bother with bones from now on xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two must be decended from Westmead Disaster not Westmead Hawk. Proper liability you both are. Hope your insurance is paid up? ��

    ReplyDelete