Friday, 1 July 2016

Where is Summer?

Dear Cherry,

Where has the summer gone?  It is the 1st July today isn't it?  Or have we skipped straight through to October?  Oh no!  If it's actually October, I've missed my Mummy's birthday! 

It's been cold and wet here for days and I'm so booooored with it!  I know cooler weather means I can go out with Mummy during the day, instead of having to wait until the evening, but it's not pleasant when we go out anyway.

Mummy says we might get an 'Indian Summer' later in the year instead.  What does that mean?  I'm not moving to India am I?  Or is someone sending it in the post?  Will Mummy have to sign for it?  I'm so confused.

I suppose this cold, wet weather is good for one thing.  Extra cuddles!  Mummy is staying on her bed with me lots, just cuddling me while she reads her book.  So that's lovely.  I'm sure she would still rather be taking me for an interesting walk somewhere though.  She loves to watch me sniff new things when we are out.

Hmmmm .... Mummy is stroking me now and it's making me sleepy so I'll sign off now.   Hmmm ..... a whole blog post about the weather, I am most definitely an English hound!

Love & .... Zzzzzzzz
Arik  xxx zzzzz

2 comments:

  1. Dear Arik,
    It's a bit of a conundrum isn't it because when it was hot Mummy said it was too hot, and now they don't like it because it's not hot! I wish the hoomans would make up their minds.
    Mummy says it needs to be just right, not too hot and not cold, but I think that's expecting the impossible.
    Every cloud has a silver lining though, extra cuddles is always a good thing.

    Love, Cherry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Cherry it's a real com-nom-nom ...... con-dun-nun .... com-num-bum ..... It's one of those things you said. Sorry I just can't get my muzzle around long words.

    Arik xxx

    ReplyDelete