Tuesday, 2 August 2016

Mini break at Nanny's

Dear Cherry,

Mummy and I are having a mini break at my Nanny Karen's house this week.

Daddy has people staying in My house, and when they came last year I got very stressed out.  I even ended up with heatstroke when they took me out all day on a hot day.  So this time Mummy has taken me away to keep me happy and safe.

I love staying at Nanny's.  She has a lovely big garden with lots of grass, perfect for zoomies.  Do you remember it Cherry?  Nanny also has a fantastic Food Room full of interesting things to eat, so I always follow her in there.

Yesterday Nanny and Mummy shared a cooked chicken from the supermarket.  Mummy picked the carcass clean and put some delicious scraps in a bowl for me.  She was really careful about bones but she must have missed one, because as I was eating my bowl of yummy deliciousness she suddenly said "No!", whipped the bowl away and stuck her fingers in my mouth.  Too late though, I'd swallowed it.  She now says she hopes "to see it come out the other end" - whatever that means.

The weather here is more like winter.  It is August isn't it?  We have just come back from a lovely long walk, but Mummy has been watching the weather since we got up this morning.  It's overcast but with that really fine, misty rain that soaks you through within seconds of going outside so I haven't wanted to go out.  I really don't like getting wet.  It makes me feel cold and yucky.  Anyway, Mummy waited for the wet stuff to stop before taking me out.  We managed a good 90 minute walk and got back to Nanny's house just as the wet misty stuff came back.  Perfect timing Mummy, well done!

I have two comfy beds to choose from here and I am also allowed on the bed in the guest room that Mummy sleeps in (naturally).  I love jumping up on the bed when Mummy is there and snuggling up for a cuddle, just like I do at home.

Well, mentioning beds has reminded me that I need a snooze so I'll sign off now.  I keep reminding Mummy that we need to come back to see you all soon.  She has promised me we will make another trip to see you.

Love & Licks
Arik  xxx

2 comments:

  1. Dear Arik,
    Yes, I remember your nanny Karen, we had fun there, she's a lovely nanny.
    It sounds like you've had a fab time, except for swallowing a chicken bone. I'm glad you're okay.
    Mummy bought me some chicken wings and gave them to me raw, but I don't chew them properly and Mummy worries. I try to, but I get so excited that I eat my food fast. Since being on this diet, I've started to wolf my food down again, I'm just so pleased to have something to eat!
    Yes, do come and visit us, the weather has cooled down so we'll be okay to go for nice walks.
    You look so happy and at home in the photos, I bet you'll be quite sorry to go back to your house.
    Love and licks, Cherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cherry

    Please try to slow down when you eat your food. You will enjoy it so much more if you really taste and savour every mouthful. Your Mummy isn't going to take your bowl away until you've finished it so there's no rush. I know you must feel hungry but believe me, being a slimmer hound is much better for your health. Fat dogs are more prone to heart attacks.

    Yes I am happy here. But then I've realised that home is wherever my Mummy is. As long as I have her by my side, I'll be OK.

    Love & Licks
    Arik xxx

    ReplyDelete