Wednesday, 3 August 2016

My Second Gotcha Day

Dear Arik,
Today was my second gotcha day. Mummy explained that it's two years to the day that they brought me home.

Because I wasn't even two-years old when they got me, it feels like I've always been with them anyway.

I've had a lovely day. Mummy bought me a new pretty collar, and this morning she cooked me sausages. I was a bit of a naughty girl though.

Daddy cut the sausages up, and left them on the hob to cool. They went into the office and I went on their bed, then, when they were occupied, I got up and went back to the kitchen and helped myself to the sausages.

I know it was naughty but they were smelling so good. 

Daddy caught me though. He sneaked in the kitchen and it made me jump. I ran guiltily back to my crate as Daddy said, 'What do you think you were doing?'

Mummy laughed. She said they were mine anyway, so if I ate them all in one go, I just wouldn't have any more.

I also had a chicken wing and a new buffalo horn.

We've got a busy time coming up. Mummy's friend is coming to stay on Saturday. I've never met her, but Mummy's met her before. They've been friends for years, ever since they started playing the game Animal Crossing together.

Then next weekend, we're going away in the motorhome for a couple of days, and we are meeting auntie TJ. Mummy is excited; I am too because auntie TJ is our bestest blog follower.

Well, I'm going now as I just heard a bag rustling, that means food, so I'm off to see what they're doing, it might be something tasty for me!

Love and licks, Cherry xx







3 comments:

  1. Oh Cherry, you naughty greedy girl, you'll get fat if you eat so many sausages :) But they do smell good, I agree. Does your mummy give you bacon to eat, that smells even better!
    I am so much looking forward to meeting you and your mummy and daddy - I am glad I am your bestest blog follower, it's probably because your blog is so good. I hope you won't mind the fact that I will probably smell of cat, everything I own smells of cat, except possibly the car, as she hasn't been in it.
    Please be a good girl till we meet - it isn't long now. I am SOOOOO excited.
    Lots of love,
    Auntie TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Cherry

    I love Gotcha Days! I think I like them more than birthdays and Yuletide. Gotcha Days mean I've been with Mummy for another wonderful year of love, cuddles, comfort and decent food. Another year further away from the memories of life in race kennels. Another year of actually having an identity, instead of being just one of many hounds used as racing machines. Another year of having nothing but one to one contact with my Mummy who has taken the time to really get to know me and live her life according to my needs. Another year of happiness, contentment and just running for fun. Yes. Gotcha Days are very special indeed!

    I hope we both get to enjoy many more.

    Love & Licks
    Arik xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cherry

    I love Gotcha Days! I think I like them more than birthdays and Yuletide. Gotcha Days mean I've been with Mummy for another wonderful year of love, cuddles, comfort and decent food. Another year further away from the memories of life in race kennels. Another year of actually having an identity, instead of being just one of many hounds used as racing machines. Another year of having nothing but one to one contact with my Mummy who has taken the time to really get to know me and live her life according to my needs. Another year of happiness, contentment and just running for fun. Yes. Gotcha Days are very special indeed!

    I hope we both get to enjoy many more.

    Love & Licks
    Arik xx

    ReplyDelete