Saturday, 17 September 2016

Busy times and yummy treats

Dear Cherry,

Mummy and I have been very busy since I wrote last.

Mummy's best friend Lynne made an unexpected visit to the Isle of Wight.  It was lovely for Mummy to see her and spend time with her friend.  They laugh a lot, at the silliest things.

On one lovely sunny day Mummy took Auntie Lynne and I to the seaside at Sandown.  We went to Mummy's favourite Witchcraft and crystal shop and then afterwards had a lovely stroll along the esplanade.  Auntie Lynne offered to buy Mummy a coffee and so we stopped at this little beach café.  Mummy and I chose a table where we could feel the sea breeze so I didn't get too hot.  When Auntie Lynne came back with the coffee's, she also had a little tub of ice cream - for me!  Oh Cherry it was so good!  It wasn't the yucky artificial Mr Whippy muck that's bad for doggies either, no, it was proper pure organic vanilla ice cream!  Mummy fed it to me with a little spoon so I didn't gobble it all at once and get muzzle freeze.  That also meant it lasted longer.  Mmmmm ..... yummy!

Once Auntie Lynne had gone back home, Mummy set about collecting more of her things from Daddy's house.  It's a slow process as Mummy has so many treasures to pack up.  But she now has her desk in the sun room next to Nanny's desk.  My memory foam bed is now next to Mummys desk, so that I can stay with Mummy when she's in there.

Mummy has collected all her grown-up colouring books and pencils from Daddy's house and put them away in a nice drawer that Nanny emptied for Mummy to use.  I sat next to Mummy on my mattress while she was knelt down sorting through her pretty things.  Then Mummy felt a bit peckish so she went to the kitchen and came back with Apple & Cheese!  Yes Cherry, cheese!  Oh I had to sniff Mummy's plate.  You know how I love cheese.  Anyway, as you can see by the photo, although my nose got close, I didn't steal any.  I waited patiently for Mummy to share it with me.  It was lovely.  She tried to entice me with a piece of apple too, but I don't like fruit so I refused it.

Well I'd better go for a snooze now.  All this writing has made me quite tired.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Love & Licks
Arik  xxx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you have had - I love icecream too, and I wonder whether the crystal shop our Mummy went to is the one that many years ago used to be near me in Pershore near Worcester and then moved to the Isle of Wight. I used to go there every week and buy minerals and crystals.
    And you are a very good for not having stolen Mummy's cheese :)
    Love from Auntie TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Arik,

    Cheese, ooh I love cheese too, but I also like apple.
    I have a carrot everyday lunchtime when Mummy and Daddy eat their food. I choose my own from the fridge. I like crunching on cold carrots, and Mummy says it's good for my teeth too.

    In the mornings, after my breakfast, I wait patiently, and Daddy gives me a couple of strawberries, and the ends of his banana.

    Mummy says no wonder my fur is so soft and shiny, it's all the fruit and veg I eat.

    Sounds like your mummy had a nice time with her friend. I like seeing our hoomans happy, it makes me happy too.

    And I'm glad you're both settling into your nanny Karen's house too. Has your mummy finished moving out all her stuff now? It takes a long time doesn't it?

    Right I'm off, Mummy isn't well so I have to look after her.

    I'll be doing my new blog post later today,

    Love, Cherry xx


    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Cherry, I am so sorry to hear your Mummy hasn't been well. She and I had a long chat yesterday and she didn't tell me. I do hope she is better now.
    I think you and I should change places, you eat better than I do - I also love strawberries, but I don't think they make my hair (fur) soft ;)
    Lots of love,
    Auntie TJ

    ReplyDelete