Saturday, 15 October 2016

Fun at Exmoor

Dear cousin Arik,

We had a lovely couple of days away recently.
We stayed at a campsite at Exmoor, and met up with Daddy's brother Steve and his wife Ann.

They've got a motorhome similar to ours and we parked on pitches next to each other, it was fun.

Sunday was sunny and warm, so we all sat outside. The hoomans ate lunch and I lay on my bed watching all the comings and goings.

There were lots of people with little dogs, in fact I was the biggest dog on the whole campsite. There were a few annoying yappy dogs who barked every time they saw me, how rude!

In the afternoon we went for a walk around the site then along a grassy area beside a river.
The river had a small slipway, so Mummy and Daddy took me down to the water.
I jumped around in it a bit, then drank some, and auntie Ann videod me in it. And, guess what I did next?
I crouched down and weed in the river. Oops! 
Everyone thought it was so funny, they laughed a lot, but I don't know why. I needed a wee, so I went. But I got my bottom all wet. 

We walked round the shops and Mummy found a bookshop that sold really old books. It smelled funny, but Mummy liked it. I don't understand hoomans sometimes!

In the evening we walked up to the pub so they could all have their dinner. I'd already had mine.
There was a really strange looking dog in the pub, its face was all squished and wrinkly. It was called something like a sharpie. I've never seen one before, nor had Mummy. She said she was glad she had me.

The next day, Steve and Ann went home so it was just Mummy, Daddy and me.
We went for a walk to the shops again and the wrinkly dog was there. His owner was looking in a shop window, and he saw me and ran barking at me, pulling the lead right out of his owner's hand. He ran into the edge of the road and a car had just gone past.

His owner really shouted at him, but it wasn't his fault really, she should have held his lead properly, and been watching him, not looking in the shop window.

Mummy said some people shouldn't be allowed to own dogs, I think I agree. I'm glad I've got hoomans who look after me properly and watch me when we're out because I know I'm a clumsy clot and would hurt myself. But Mummy and Daddy do their best to keep me safe.

We came home on the Tuesday.

I don't think we're going away for a while now because the winter is coming and it gets dark early, so I'll look forward to holidays next year.

I heard Mummy talking to Daddy about going on holiday with you, oh Arik, I hope we do, that would be such fun.

I'm going now because Mummy's got biscuits out, and I might be able to have one. Rich tea fingers, yummy.

Love and licks, Cherry xxx




1 comment:

  1. Oh Cherry, think of all the poor little fish who live in the river where you weed !!! lol
    It sounds like you had a lovely time, you and your hoomans. I am so glad. That wrinkly dog does sound naught, aren't you lucky your Mummy and Daddy take better care of you.
    I do hope you can get together with Arik soon, that would lovely for you all.
    Lots of love and stokes.
    Auntie TJ

    ReplyDelete